Style Court

Textiles, Art History, Gardens, and a Little Mental Traveling with Courtney Barnes 2006-2016

1.18.2008

Chinoiseries


Mrs. Blandings and I have both talked about artists Andrew Zega and Bernd Dams, and their exquisite book of watercolor renderings, Chinoiseries. (Apparently this is Kelly Wearstler's favorite book too.)

Although it was originally published as a collector's edition and priced over $1,000.00, it is scheduled to be released in April by Rizzoli, priced at a much more affordable $60.00. Above is a sneak peek at the cover. Shortly I hope to share a little preview of the forty-two pavilions and garden follies featured in the book. I happen to own another work by the duo, Palaces of the Sun King: Versailles, Trianon, Marly--The Chateaux of Louis XIV. So I have high expectations for the spring release.

8 comments:

An Aesthete's Lament said...

Zega and Dams are brilliant artists: history, scholarship, wit, and meticilous artistry, all mixed into one.

Mrs. Blandings said...

This is definitely one for the library!

Jackie Von Tobel said...

Amazing Books Both!!! I am so happy to hear that Rizzoli is publishing an affordable version. I will have to put it on my to buy list. I can only hope they will follow up with a similar version of Palaces of the Sun King!

a. said...

I am starting a new blog dedicated just to books and this one is going to be featured :-)

Bayou Contessa said...

This will be on my must-have list! Thanks for the info. I'd do hope they publish an affordable version of the Sun King, too.

annechovie said...

Their work is amazing! Thanks for the head's-up on this book release.

Lynne Rutter said...

what a treat!

www.passementeriesdiary.com said...

Duly added to my basket - thank you!